Friday, April 25, 2008

Why I should hate my friends

So I'm at a meeting at work the other morning and my friend 'Jan' starts telling me this story about this wacky video she found on YouTube the night before. I guess her son is planning on doing one of the annual local 5K runs and she was looking up information about it (or something). Low and behold, she came across this video and got such a kick out of the fact that she knew someone in it. And my first thought is...Oh no, tell me he didn't.

Now, I should have prefaced this with the fact that my husband and I have this friend...we'll call him 'John'. He has a lot of free time on his hands and was apparently a documentary filmmaker in a past life. Or maybe he's missing his calling by working for the State. In any case, how would most people feel knowing that possibly very unglamorous footage of themselves was stored on the Internet for all (and by all, I mean co-workers) to find and see? As luck would have it, I did not run into John that day (which is probably lucky for him!) and didn't even have time this week to take a look at the video until this evening. Now all I can think is - is it wrong to envy a man for his editing skills?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

loved it!