Thursday, September 4, 2008

Soapbox: Palin

Before you read on, you should be fully aware that yes, I do consider myself to be a "bleeding-heart" liberal - and therefore I'm sure I am biased in the political debate that currently rages in this country regarding the upcoming election. However, now that McCain has chosen this Palin woman - and I am fully convinced that he chose her mainly due to that particular point - I am having a really hard time staying off my soapbox. I find it hilariously ironic that she voted against sex education - how's that working out for her now? But what is most concerning is that although she may be anatomically a woman, she does not believe in any women's rights issues. Other than perhaps equal pay and the belief that a woman should be president...or at least vice president until the old man kicks off. Admittedly, I am a pretty big fan of Jon Stewart, but as someone who is also a parent of daughters, I so greatly appreciated the point that he made last night at the end of this interview with Newt Gingrich:



People can say that she's just the vice president...but she'd be second in line and you never know what will happen. And in the meantime she would also be the Senate tie-breaker vote. This is just not the woman I want to see anywhere near the White House. Hockey mom my foot - she's been too busy pursuing her own career ambitions to have any real family values...

1 comment:

April said...

Okay, I'll watch it. I just turned off "This Week" because the Repubs are so on my nerves lately. I think I'll only get my political news from Comedy Central for a while. (BTW, the youtube video no longer works.)