Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Back to School

Not that I really have time to post right now what with my backlog of papers to grade, lessons to plan, etc., but I just had to take a moment to post about the grad course I'm taking this fall. I was a little worried that it would be a lot of work on top of all the stress of starting a new "job" at school. As it turns out, I think I'm going to be OK because it's like an intro to computers type of class. The husband is gone tonight so I'm working on catching up on my homework and I literally had to giggle at one of my assignments for this week. Go to Blogger.com (hmm...now where do I find that?) and take a quick tour to learn about setting up a blog. Seriously.

The big guy upstairs must be looking out for me or something. I don't know what I would have done if I would have had too many new and difficult things to do for a class this semester. Most of my other classes have been pretty involved as far as actually building and using web tools. The crazy thing is, although it's kind of basic, I do hope I have time to keep up on the reading - the book looks really interesting. When I finished my undergrad program I never would have imagined myself becoming a tech geek, but that seems to be the goal now. I hope to never be one of those teachers nearing retirement that has no clue about what's going on with the latest technology. Maybe I lucked out and was able to squeeze into the tech savvy generation...

No comments: