Thursday, January 3, 2008

Good Lord I am a horrible updater

As it turns out, apparently I am also too busy to keep up with even an online journal. I think having a 3 1/2 year old and a 16 month old will do that to a person. I've been off the last 3 weeks, but never once did it cross my mind to work on this blog. Looking back it seems like I started it about a year ago, then revisited about 6 months later, and now I'm back! I did a crap job of keeping to my New Year's resolution of keeping this journal last year, so I don't really know what makes me think this year will be any different...but what the hell, a girl can dream. And as that happens to be one of the few things I'm really good at, I'm going to run with it.

This is the time of year that my dreaming and planning ahead always seems to run away with me. It drives my husband crazy. I can't help it - Some people get to the New Year and look back, I always look forward. I'm generally not one to make resolutions (mainly because I'm not good at them) but this year I have a couple of them. One is this blog, the other is to lose some weight...along with apparently everyone else in America. I actually was doing pretty good on the second goal this summer and fall until the end of September. I was running in the mornings with a couple of friends until the weather got colder. It was great - before work so I didn't have to worry about being tired later in the day or busy with dinner and the kids; it worked right into my schedule, although I did hate getting up early. I didn't really lose much weight (but I wasn't watching my diet either). My clothes fit better though, which was nice. But then J (the husband) broke his foot and my exercise program evaporated. I've been a lazy louse since then and I'm feeling it.

The problem now is that I can't afford to join a gym - we had to switch daycares at Christmas (long story there) and we'll be shelling out over $1100 a month starting next week. It's too cold to run outside, and I know myself well enough to admit that without a workout buddy I'm not likely to head down to my very cold basement and hop on the elliptical machine. Then there's the whole problem of the kids and when to schedule in a workout.

One way or another, I just hope that I can make something work. I'm really determined to get back to a reasonable size - I just hope I can find the will power to do it!

No comments: