Monday, June 16, 2008

The Plague

I swear, my family has come down with the sinus infection plague. Either that or our house is trying to kill us, I'm not sure which. For what seems like the last 2 months, my youngest has been sick; the older one has been sick for the last month. I was sick over Memorial Day weekend, and now I'm sick again!! So now we're all back on antibiotics, and Lucy's don't seem to be working so I'm guessing she'll be back at the doctor AGAIN this week. Literally, Elle went to the doctor on Monday, Pea on Thursday, and me yesterday. Thank God we have insurance! I can't afford to move out of my house right now (unfortunately!) but I'm wondering if it would be worthwhile to buy one of those air purifiers. At this point I would do anything to avoid spending all summer wiping noses!

Right now Elle, who we affectionately refer to as Imelda (as in Marcos), is throwing a fit because I took off her sandals. From the minute she wakes up in the morning and gets out of her crib, she has to put her shoes on. It's like she doesn't feel dressed unless she's got her shoes on. Her current obsession is with the pair of Dora sandals that Grandma got her a few weeks ago. They are pretty much constantly attached to her feet, and I'm pretty sure the neighbors can tell when they've been misplaced or removed from her feet! Her other favorite pastime involves putting on my heels or sandals and tromping around the house in them. And my husband thinks that she's going to be the tomboy - ha!

No comments: